Library Mobile Applications & Resources
Garland PL – Garland Public Library’s mobile app
Access the library from your phone
What can I do with Garland’s Library app?
- Search the Garland Public Library’s catalog for books, DVDs, audiobooks and more
- Search for eBooks and eAudio
- Place holds on library materials
- Access your account to see what you have on hold; have checked out; and renew your materials
- View Locations & Hours
- Go to the Library’s Facebook and Twitter pages
- See the Library’s upcoming events
- Access and use your library card from your phone
- Link family member’s cards to your app
- Rearrange these options in Preferences so that what you use most is front and center
Scan this code with a QR code reader app (QR Codes tab)
on your mobile device to jump to the app in iTunes.
Scan this code with a QR code reader app (QR Codes tab)
on your mobile device to jump to the app in the Android Marketplace.
Downloadable audiobooks and eBooks for Garland Library card holders. Use your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android Device, Chromebook, Kindle Fire or Windows Mobile device to access MP3 audiobooks and EPUB e-books!
- Listen to MP3 audiobooks
- Read eBook, PDF, Kindle and/or graphic novels
- Audiobooks and eBooks can be used on a PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone
- Apps are available for iPhone, Android and Windows Mobile
Scan this code with a QR code reader app
on your mobile device to jump to the list of available downloads.
OverDrive Help & Support links:
- Search for answers and/or watch how-to videos
- Learn about Libby and how it works
- A snapshot of how popular devices can be used with OverDrive
- A site for determining if OverDrive is experiencing performance issues
The RBdigital app is used to access most of our subscriptions from Recorded Books. This includes the magazines and newspapers and any future purchases of audiobooks, e-books, and comics. Unfortunately Universal Class does not work in the app at this time.
2. If you have already created a RBdigital account on your computer – enter your existing username or email credentials. Don’t have an account yet? Tap New to RBDigital? Register now.
3. TAP AND SCROLL to choose your country.
Tap CHOOSE STATE to select state or province.
Tap CHOOSE LIBRARY to select your library/branch.
Tap CREATE ACCOUNT enter your account information.
4. Enter LIBRARY INFORMATION.
Library card (barcode) and pin
5. Enter the RBdigital ACCOUNT INFORMATION and PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Tap check box to accept the terms and conditions.
6. Your RBdigital app will open to the HOME screen. Scroll for content or tap the menu in upper left corner of app for additional options.
How to print to a library printer from the PrinterOn tablet or smartphone app
Get the PrinterOn App:
- Download the PrinterOn App from your device’s app store.
- Open or launch the app when it finishes downloading
- You will see three boxes: Documents, Email, Photos and Web. Below those tap “No printer selected.”
- At the Select Printer screen tap “Search” and enter NMLS
- Choose which Garland Library and printer you want to send print jobs to and tap the “i” on the right
- Save the printer by tapping on the star
- Tap the left arrow to return to the printer list
- Tap the printer to return to the job selection screen
- From the job selection screen choose Documents, Email, Photos or Web
- Documents and Photos will bring you to those folders on your device. Select the folder your photo or document is in then select the item you want to print.
- Web opens up a browser inside the PrinterOn app. Type in the address of the website you want to print from. Websites and Google Drive work well. (For printing email, please use the email function below and forward what you want to print to the appropriate printer email address.)
- Email asks you to choose your email provider (Yahoo!, Gmail, etc.) and enter your address and password. Once your email account is verified you can view and print the body content of your email messages.
- When you have selected what you want to print, tap the printer icon in the upper right to go to the print preview page
- If the printer you want to use is not displayed, tap the printer name to bring up the list of available printers (or search for a new one)
- Tap the gear in the upper right of the print preview page to choose the number of copies, pages to print, paper size and orientation.
- Library printers only have 8.5”x11” paper and we cannot adjust the paper trays.
- The color copier settings give you the option to choose black & white – do not use this! You will be charged $.50 instead of $.15. Instead, go back and choose the black & white printer.
- If the document is multiple pages, you will see an option to select which pages to print.
- Enter an email address and click on the check mark (you will receive a notice that the job started, and shortly after another message stating “Job Success”).
At the library:
- Go to the Print Release Station in the library you chose and select “Release a Print Job”
- Enter the email address you supplied
- Select your print job(s)
- Input at least the amount of money needed to cover the print job(s). The Print Release stations will give change back.
Your print job will be printed!
What is a QR Code?
A QR (Quick Response) code is a two-dimensional barcode. It can digitally present URL links, data, and text. When you scan a QR code that contains a URL, the reader opens the website in your phone’s browser. Another key feature of QR Codes is that instead of requiring a chunky hand-held scanner to scan them, many modern cell phones can scan them using a QR code reader.
Below is a QR code reader that has worked well for Library staff. It also has apps for many different phone manufacturers. There are so many companies providing QR code readers that you should be able to find one to your liking if i-nigma is not working well for you.
With the i-nigma reader installed on your mobile, you will be ready to decode mobile barcodes and connect directly to the mobile Internet. i-nigma supports more than 600 mobile phones, across all leading mobile operating systems platforms and makers.
Get the i-nigma reader - there are 3 easy ways
- From App Store - Download from: , , or .
- By SMS (USA) - Text the word barcode to: 313131. You will receive back an SMS containing a link to the i-nigma download site.
- From Mobile Web - Go to on your mobile. i-nigma will automatically identify your handset type, download and install i-nigma.